Tuesday, March 24, 2020

To Lift Your Spirits and Give You Direction For Next Week


Stained Glass Window, Mark 10, Luke 18



Hello friends:

Pastor Renee is on vacation and will not be doing a remote service on Sunday. 
I hope the following two articles may lift your spirits and give you direction for the next week. 
Praying for each of you and for our world that we look and lean on our Savior in all days and all ways. 
Until we meet again, God bless

Margie Nickerson

What can we do to encourage, support, and love each other? Click on the link below for 4 practical ideas: 


Credit: You Version







                                Hints To Study Scripture While At Home

 

For years I have approached the Bible, book by book, chapter by chapter, verse by verse. I go into each chapter on four different roads. The more ways you enter, the more you see. Road one: What does the chapter say? Here I stop and write a summary in my own words. Road two: What does it say that I don’t understand? Here I stop and write down the problems and difficulties. Road three: What does it say in other portions of Scripture? Here is where I cross-reference the verses in the chapter. The Bible is its own best commentary, so I want to throw the light of the rest of Scripture on the passage I’m studying. Road four: What does it say to me? Here is where I pray over the passage and write out a personal application God has shown me for my own life. And then I seek to do it.
I encourage you to make the Bible a personal message from the heart of God to you.

No comments: